Skip to main content
Mobile Site Banner Desktop Site Banner

REINS, Inc Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies

Who We Are

Therapeutic riding is an exciting field in which horses are used as a tool for physical therapy, emotional growth and learning.  Many riders experience a connection to the horse that few sports can create.  For those riders who cannot walk, the horse is their vehicle of transport.  Not only does this help raise their self-esteem but it also teaches them essential skills such as overcoming fears and anxieties.  It improves balance, creates trust and creates a friendship between rider and horse.  The benefits of horseback riding are as numerous as the types of disabilities and conditions served.  Because horseback riding gently and rhythmically moves the rider's body in a manner similar to a human gait, riders with physical disabilities often show improvement in flexibility, balance and muscle strength.  For individuals with mental or emotional disabilities, the unique relationship formed with the horse can lead to increased confidence and patience.  Some of the most common benefits reported include increased physicality, improved focus and attention, modification of inappropriate behaviors and increased social interaction and communication.  The unique movement and sensory stimulation of the horse affects the success of this program as well as the supportive environment of our facility and the increased motivation of the Rider to participate and complete the structured activities and exercises in the riding class setting.

What We Do

REINS mission is to personal growth, challenge and development through equine assisted activities and therapies to improve participants quality of life.

REINS, Inc. is a non-profit Wisconsin corporation committed to improving the lives of those with special needs through individually structured classes using therapeutic interactions with horses.  We are accredited by the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.).

REINS has been serving people with physical, emotional and developmental disabilities in Sheboygan and Manitowoc counties since 1982.  Our mission is to provide personal growth and development through equine assisted therapeutic educational and recreational activities to people ages 4 years of age and older.  Our instructors are all PATH certified, and our volunteers and staff are trained and caring.

The "Heart" of the REINS program is the Donor.  Financial support from individuals, foundations, businesses and community organizations is what allows REINS to provide these beneficial therapeutic services to the people in Sheboygan and Manitowoc Counties.  Our unique charitable program is successful because of your generous and ongoing support.  REINS is a 501(c)(3) and all donations are tax deductible.  Please visit our website www.reins-wi.org to make a personal donation via credit card or mail to REINS, Inc., P.O. Box 68, Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085.

The Face of the REINS program is the Rider.  Riders are charged a nominal fee which covers less that 25% of the actual cost.  We rely on the generosity of our donors to enable us to subsidize the remaining 75%.  REINS offers scholarships to those who are unable to pay the tuition fee.